Monday, April 5, 2010

Cd 1 and 2, Day 1 and 2

So going back in time a bit, I started this experience on Sunday April 4th at 134lbs, I am 5'5, so Im not over weight, just on my way to a flabbier me! I wanted something to do at home, I was tired of wasting so much time going back and forth to a crowded stinky gym, and my husband goes to the gym way to early for my taste, I am not a morning person, I see it as doing us both a favor by not going. The program says you should also follow their diet plan, but I don't like eggs very much and every day for breakfast guess what you get to eat? Thats right a 5 egg white omelet! But ohh goodly you get to add spinach! or mushrooms! yah no. I eat decent as it is, most mornings I have oatmeal with fruit, not even the ready made stuff, I put real fruit in there..I know amazing right? Lunches are usually soup with their meals, or soy products..again ew. I mean sure I like a good bowl of soup now and again, but everyday, I think Ill pass on that as well.

Ok Day 1.

As I said I am doing the Lean version with the upped cardio, and the first cd I used was Core Synergistics, and omg. Before we were even out of the warm up I was like wow, this sucks, but it sucked in a good way lol, I was already getting tired, not just like I think I'll take a nap, but like muscle fatigue tired. I pushed through to about half way through the hour long workout, and then my thighs said, ok thats enough for today! So I took a shower and took out the bike for awhile with the kids. Now while the workout was very intense, I felt 100% better after. It has been awhile since I was in any sort of "led" excercise and the push was nice, it always seems to drag the last bit out of you, pushing you more. So I was very happy with the cds so far and excited to keep going on Monday.

A few people have asked what made it so hard, it wasn't that the excercises were difficult they were just very repetitive and in this cd, we used weights. Ill rewatch the video so I can remember exactly what we did. So more on that later.

Day 2

Monday I got up got the kiddo off to school, we always ride our bikes together there, came home, did my oatmeal thing, and put in the next cd.

Cardio X:

Starts off really good, some deep stretching and yoga which is
great after the day before being such a muscle buncher. I have never done yoga with intensity though, maybe I was in the wrong yoga classes? oh noo I was in my moms YMCA yoga! haha jk, though they were at the Y. In this cd you move from one stance to another very quickly and hold them for a long period, and with pushups in between your body does start to yell at you, in a very good way. So after this portion, we moved into the Kenpo..! Ahh finaally something that I could get into. I used to teach box aerobics and we did alot of the same moves that the cd uses, just as Emeril would say, kicked up a notch, love that guy. This cds are like the difference in driving a civic and an Aston Martin, compared to other classes and such Ive taken, so its the same concept just you roll through them faster, and with more umph. Lots of normal martial arts types moves, kicking, punching, core body work.

Any way so that is Day 2, Im already a bit sore and wondering what tomorrow will hold, Im not big scale person, but after day 5 Ill weight myself just for giggles and see how its going, I should do a body fat calculation too but, Im not that intense lol.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nakedguitar this is Wannabe50andfit, Well I am a bit older and heavier than you 48 and 163 1bs...was 163 now 159 after first 2 weeks of P90X BRING IT!! This is the most oddly addictive exercise program I've ever done and believe me I've done them all it's like you can't wait til the next day to torture yourself just a little bit more. You feel the difference way before you actually see any difference which is good b/c this time I think the weight will stay off but if your not mentally pumped up to stick with this you can get discouraged pretty easy...but then like I said it draws you back in over and over again...the eating program is very important for me to see results so I'm trying to master that still I'm on Day 18 today is Yoga X talk about OMG...I'll be back

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha its been 3 years:O but how did it turn out? you still doing P90x?

    ReplyDelete