Monday, April 5, 2010

P90X an Intro

It seems everyone is always trying to lose weight or find a way to excercise more. I was hoping I could just skim along with what I do everyday and not have to worry about it, I mean I eat decent, I get out, ride my bike to take my youngest to school. I would think that would be enough if not to get fit, atleast keep my current fitness level. Well..I was wrong. If you're a gamer at all, I play W.O.W, (world of warcraft) and we think we are funny, someone says "how did you die" and we always say, "my damage exceeded my hp" or in the case of fitness my calorie intake has obivously been exceeding my calorie output. I mean how more basic can it get really? I will be 33 this year, I used to work out 3-5 days a week, I was in great shape; but lately I have felt sluggish and found I was creaping pounds on and I did not like that, so last week I bought P90X, which is a fitness program sold on television and online. It has 3 dfferent programs you can choose from: Classic, Doubles, and Lean. The Classic is for people who want more upper body and muscle, the Doubles is for heavy hitters, the description the video uses is "a pro athete" and the last is the Lean, which is the one I am following and is more cardio based and more geared for women, who want fit but not bulk.

There are several questions people have been asking so far: what do I need to start, how much does it cost, and how do you like it. You will need a set of weights ( 10lbs or less each, for women I suggest 5 to start, even the guy on the video only uses 12lbs) , a door mounted pull up bar, these can be purchased as sets or seperatly, at walgreens or walmart, any of the general type stores. I bought the set with the pull up bar, push up hand rotators, and the straps for leg lifts for the bar(these are for ab work), it cost around $40. There is no need to drill holes or have to "install or mount" these products they just slide right on. Last thing you will need is a yoga mat or towel, something on the floor so you dont have your face on it, lots of ground level excercises. Probably the most important question for most is the cost.

The kit its self..though the price is varied on what you buy there are many packages, I bought just the bottom level, cds and book only. The other packages include the bars, whey protein drinks, suppliments, yoga mats, yoga blocks etc, you can see all the different packages on their website just google p90x.

120 + shipping and handling which was $20, this can be paid over the 30 days, so 1 $59 payment and 2 payments of $39. Shipping is paid up front. I chose to pay it all at once and it has a 90 day guarentee.

Ok so you made it through the boring part!

I was realllly excited to start this, I saw the infomercials, I heard about the intensity, it looked interesting and fun. Just to warn you I am one of those people who actually likes to work out, I like feeling that rush of "OMG" when you hit that point in a work out where you are tired, but you get that adrenalin kick and want more! This is where I will point out, if you are not into that..perhaps you should just go to Target and get a fitness dvd for 19.99. This is not your moms YMCA aerobics class. So for now, you will have to wait to hear about my day one, and you will want to hear this it was not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment